Thursday, July 27, 2006

Sometimes I love you..Sometimes I don'ttttt!!!!!!!!

hey there,

I haven't updated for a while, so I'll probably update you interesting people about what's going on in my life. Let's start with the hols. I was sick probably most of the hols, but we did get up to some fun during the hols. Went to Code during the first Thurs of the hols with Travors, Jon, Ralston, Carlo and Jodi. Saw heaps of ppl there, and we clubbed till about 6. Then the next day, Felt real sick and I was coughing till I had headaches and tummy aches. Consulted the doctor on Mon, and found out I had chest infection. So I sorta stop drinking and smoking for a bit. The rest of the week was gay because all I did was stay home, watch tv and sleep. It was a boring holiday, but couldnt help it because of the horrifying weather and it was freezing cold.

However, I did work during the hols for the hosp. department because Mrs Roberts, one of our hospitality teachers managed to get a contract on catering for a wedding. So I worked and helped prepare the finger food for the wedding. Got a few hours for that, and then the following week, we had to cater for someone's cocktail party as well. The people we catered for were filthy rich! The wife of the family works for the school, and she's a teacher. The husband in the other hand, is a chief stockbroker for ASB securities! The house was marvellously beautiful, and he had two wine cellars, and one of them were made of copper! I was doing the bar service, so I had to mix drinks and pop champagnes. We had to work from 11 am - 12 pm, but we got paid really well. All five of us got paid 200 NZ dollars each!( Craig, Queenie, Jeremy, Tarek and I ). So I guess that was worth the cramps and tiredness I had in the morning.

I've been real passionate about my work recently. Its like, I'm planning for my future already. 2 years from now, I'll be finishing my chef traning course. I'm gonna start working as a chef, and probably in the catering industry. Probably gonna start my own catering business in the future. That is a dream that will come true for me. Worked yesterday afternoon after school as well. We had to cater for the school event, because of our reputation. We did the food for the scholarship evening, and we prepared finger food. A lil brief review of what we did.

1) Rib eyed fillet with pesto sauce on home made cracker ( Trust me, it doesnt sound that amazing, bt it tastes helluva good! )
2) Bang bang chicken ( Smoked chicken with satay sauce and cream cheese) on home made mini circle bread
3) Smoked salmon sushi ( Small rice ball )
4) Crumbed mussel
5) Smoked Kapahka(I think thats how u spell it) with cream cheese.
6) Celery with sour cream and cream cheese, and walnuts
7) Mini Banofree tarts (Caramel tarts with banana and home made chocolate sauce)
8) Mini Fruit tarts
9) Mini egg tarts
10) Apricot bacon rolls
11) Prune bacon rolls

Think thats all the menu if I can remember, and here are some pics!
















The marvellous fruit tarts!














The banofree tarts!
















Feta cheese and roast cherry tomatoes!


This are the people I study and work with, haha notice I'm one of the few ones that aren't in black and white, haha the benefits of being in the kitchen and not having to serve ;)
















Smile fools! I'm in black!
















Look at Amy. What a poser.

















Cream cheeeeese~!!!


On lighter note, this are the pics I took when we had our outing together ( Lisa,Cherie, Adrian and I)

-Damn it. Pics can't load. Will show you guys next time. Taters!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow! tristo! nice food! makes me hungry! lol! man, when you coming back? and when you do, you gotta make some stuffs for me to eat ya? will be waiting! =) promise me k! lol. well, have fun, and..i can't wait to taste your foodddd!! =) ah!