Monday, April 23, 2007

V8S YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

hey guys,

The weekend was awesome!! Worked at the Placemaker's V8 end of an era challenge! Basically, it was going to be the last V8 race in Pukekohe, which is one of New Zealand's legendary racetracks. I was working as a caterer for the VIP Corporate boxes and the pit lane as well! So I got to see the racers, the VIPS and the rich and famous!



The Raceway


The VIP arrives...

We were working in one of the biggest satallite kitchens there at Pukekohe. There was the main kitchen that catered for the grandstand caterers, which was 2000 people. My kitchen was the second biggest, with over 1000 VIPs and racers to cater for.

I was working as a commis chef under one of Neopeople's head chef, Tim Edmonds. Tim was a cool as chef and he was cursing non-stop about the lack of efficiency of the front house staff. We lacked of runners, kitchen hands and the fucking waiters were just too pussed out to lift up a hot tray with a towel. We had to be in Pukekohe by 6 a.m to prepare all the ingredients set everything up.



Craig's mootley crew


Tim and I


Senior Chef De Partie's Justin and Cole


Thats the size of the kitchen and the useless front house manager

There was heaps of car crew pits where I was working.



Truman Motorsport's Car Pit Crew


Crysler Daimler Team


Steve Richards from Jack Daniel's Racing Team

href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjPGIp_904ikf9kHbkuF4PzmRYKCNdRpHAMQ6bIUSbtuWn_BJ9fL4olznaYsqYAmT01bAYJJ9-bb_s-90v0QILFPTHl2fcZzVczz_c3YtLtGGGQ9bDLrSEnpGeppDKx-lMoIA66/s1600-h/IMG_0862.JPG">

The Pits



The V8 Display


As usual, the chicks were hot

href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgX7k665DlGcc5TLWbafbKwNHrFLHxeN0zhRhHQdplUeurAFGCLZlrRpwkvuggORNQKa4OdGckAUJj2zHCFW4ve0YnQdU6txdtKEtcHBgItHRuelZq3jAReZOGecx8xTLsaeUBu/s1600-h/IMG_0908.JPG">

Gt Radial Girls


Jim Beam Chicks with Kez and I


Pimpin chefs yo


WOoohooo!


Zylen, Kim and I


Shes gorgeous isn't she? ;)

Anyway, the V8s was an awesome experience although the hours was long, and it consumed pretty much my entire weekend night life. Holdens shit over Fords.

P/S : Screw XBoX I play ol school Nintendo, I must be emo.

1 comment:

Kimberly M. said...

I miss you!!